The Boston Public Library's out-of-school time programming is focused on enrichment, opportunities, partnerships, and youth development. Homework help is still included, and so is a whole lot more. Look for monthly themes in the BPL calendar to see what the BPL youth services team is planning with its outstanding partners. Programming will focus on things like arts, writing, science, math, and robotics each month during the school year. The BPL's out-of-school time programming is made possible by the Boston Public Library Foundation.
Read more on the Compass blog.
In-person Homework Help
- Free drop-in homework help, academic support, and mentoring available during the school year in all subject areas to students in grades K – 8
- Homework help is provided by high-achieving high school student mentors from Boston’s public and private schools
- We're looking for homework help mentors! Read through the job description and application for more information.
- Homework Help Mentor job description
- Homework Help Mentor application
- Drop-in interviews for 2014-15 school year: Friday, August 1, 3-5 p.m., and Tuesday, August 5, 3-5 p.m., in the Commonwealth Salon, Central Library in Copley Square. Attend only one session. Please bring completed application and photocopy of most recent report card.
- Homework Help is finished for the 2013-14 school year. Check back in August for next year’s schedule.
- For more info about homework help, email Amanda Bressler email@example.com or call 617-859-2325
Boston Teacher’s Union tutors
- Teachers from the Boston Public Schools offer tutoring for students in all grades
- BTU tutoring is finished for the 2013-14 school year. Check back in August for next year’s schedule.
Online Homework Help
Online help courtesy of the BPL
- LearningExpress Library can help students from grade school through college improve their skills by taking practice tests, completing exercises, and reading eBooks. What's more, LearningExpress can help college-bound students prepare for the ACT, SAT, and other standardized tests.
- Look for books, CDs, movies, and more in the BPL catalog.
- Search for articles and use books online with our student electronic resources.
Other online help
Other sources for homework help and after school programs in Boston
- BOSTONavigator - The place to search for out-of school time programming in Boston.
- Boston Youth Zone - Find activities, opportunities, and other fun stuff for kids and teens, plus important information and resources for parents.