Thank you to everyone who participated in the Boston Public Library's Wedding Ceremony Giveaway. The lottery closed March 12, and the six winning couples will be randomly selected and notified in the upcoming days. The winners will be announced on our Facebook page before the end of the month.
Boston Public Library, Wedding Ceremony Giveaway
What better way to begin the next chapter of your life together than exchanging vows inside the Central Library in Copley Square's iconic outdoor Courtyard? As one of the City's most sought-after wedding venues, and an institution dedicated to serving the public, the Boston Public Library is giving six couples the opportunity to host their wedding ceremony within its historic walls this June — for free!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tell me more…
Each of the selected couples will be invited to the Boston Public Library's Central Library on the morning of Sunday, June 11, 2017 to exchange their vows while the building is closed to the public. Every detail has been carefully coordinated for you:
How do I win?
Beginning Monday, February 6 thru Sunday, March 12, 2017 an online lottery will be available on this page. Only those looking to be married are eligible to enter, and only one entry per couple will be accepted. Six couples will be randomly selected and notified no later than Monday, March 13, 2017. Good luck!
What else should I know?
- Registrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old by the time of entry.
- Winner notification will include a set time period for access on Sunday, June 11, 2017 — unfortunately adjustments cannot be accommodated.
- Winners must complete a BPL wedding ceremony agreement within 72 hours to claim their prize.
- Couples are responsible for coordinating their own marriage license for the officiant to sign.
- Each couple will be allowed a maximum of eight (8) guests.
- All vendors have been pre-selected; additional vendors will not be permitted.
- Each couple will be onsite for approximately one (1) hour — this includes a 15 minute ceremony followed by a 30-minute mini-photography session.
- Photography package to include 40 edited electronic images.
Please contact the Special Events Office with any questions at 617.859.2212 or email@example.com with the subject line "BPL Wedding Ceremony Giveaway."
Year round ceremonies in conjunction with a reception also hosted at the Boston Public Library are permitted. Boston Public Library hosts private events year-round featuring ornately-designed spaces with a variety of capacities that are ideal settings for holiday parties, corporate conferences, weddings, and more. Visit www.bpl.org/central/eventspaces.htm or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- ELIGIBILITY. Boston Public Library Wedding Ceremony Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open to all who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. City of Boston employees are not eligible.
- SPONSORS. The Giveaway is sponsored and coordinated by the Boston Public Library, located at 700 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116. Other participating parties include The Catered Affair, Anima from Music Management, Angelina Rose Photography, Artistic Blossoms, Thomas A Welch.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS. Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrants' full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Rules, Terms, and Conditions and the decisions of the Boston Public Library. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with the Rules, Terms, and Conditions and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein. The Boston Public Library reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason.
- REGISTRATION PERIOD. The Giveaway registration period begins on Monday, February 6, 2017 and ends on Sunday, March 12, 2017. Entries that are submitted before or after the Registration Period will be disqualified. All participants must submit their registration online.
- HOW TO ENTER. Online: Registration is available through the widget above.
Follow the directions provided to fill out the entry form and submit.
Limit one (1) entry per couple, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Only those interested in being married should register. Names submitted on registration form must match government issued IDs of bride(s)/groom(s) when claiming prize. Multiple submissions will be void.
- PRIZE DRAWING. On or about Monday, March 13, 2017, the Boston Public Library will select six (6) potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted randomly through www.rafflecopter.com. The odds of being selected depend upon the number of entries received. The Boston Public Library will attempt to notify the potential winners via telephone and/or email on or about Monday, March 13, 2017. If potential winners cannot be contacted within 48 hours, alternate potential winners will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. The six (6) potential winners will be notified via telephone and/or email. Each potential winning couple will be required to complete, sign, and return a Boston Public Library wedding agreement within 48 hours of notification. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to return the Boston Public Library wedding agreement as required, prize will be forfeited and another randomly selected potential winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries.
- PRIZE. Grand Prize (6) — A wedding ceremony for the winning couple and up to eight (8) guests to be conducted within the Boston Public Library's Central Library Courtyard on Sunday, June 11, 2017; or comparable location within the library if required by weather conditions. Package to include ceremony flowers, photography, musician, light refreshments, and commemorative gift. Date may not be rescheduled unless required by the Boston Public Library, with advance notice. Winning couples are solely responsible for applying for and receiving legal marriage licenses.
This prize cannot be applied to any other event booking. The Boston Public Library does not offer one-hour wedding ceremony packages except through this special giveaway promotion.
- PROMOTION. Winners' names and/or likeness' may be used on social media and promotional materials produced by the Boston Public Library and other partnering vendors. Additional press may be present to document winners’ participation on June 11, 2017.