Following the approval of the Compass Principles by the Boston Public Library Board of Trustees in December 2010, a Trustee Strategic Planning Committee has been formed to oversee the next phase of the process. The committee is made up of trustees and a selection of members of last year’s Trustee Compass Committee. A Compass brochure is now available in all BPL locations and can be downloaded from this very page.
Members of the committee, chaired by Representative Byron Rushing, include:
- Rep. Byron Rushing, Boston Public Library Board of Trustees
- Carol Fulp, Boston Public Library Board of Trustees
- Zamawa Arenas, Boston Public Library Board of Trustees
- Amy E. Ryan, President, Boston Public Library
- Meg Campbell, Executive Director, Codman Academy Charter Public School
- Alice Hennessey, Special Assistant to Mayor Thomas M. Menino, City of Boston
- Mimi Jones, Friends of Dudley Branch Library
- Ronaldo Rauseo-Ricupero, Esq., Associate, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Pamela Seigle, Former Trustee, Boston Public Library; Executive Director, Courage & Renewal Northeast at Wellesley College
- Michael Colford, Director of Resource Services & Information Technology, BPL
- Gina Perille, Chief Communications Officer, BPL
The next meeting of the Trustees Strategic Planning Committee will take place on Wednesday, April 13, 8 – 10am in the McKim Building of the Boston Public Library, Orientation Room. Watch this space for more information, including links to some other Strategic Plans that we are looking at, a timeline of our activities for the remainder of the year, and updates from our meetings.
If you have any comments, feel free to leave them here, or send them to us at email@example.com.