As a user-centered institution, the BPL is committed to improving the navigation and use of the Central Library through the design and implementation of a comprehensive wayfinding system. Whether you are a savvy veteran with many years of experience using the library or a first-time user, we believe the building should be equally welcoming and easy to use. This goal is a challenge in a facility of almost a million square feet which covers a city block and includes two distinct buildings.
- Each building uses a different color scheme for its signage
- Rooms are clearly marked
- Elevators are identified by name
- Hanging banners denote call number and subject areas
- Directional and informational signs are strategically placed
- All locations will be noted on a newly-designed map.
The library awarded the contract for this capital project to Arrowstreet, Inc. Visitors should begin to see the results sometime in the summer of 2013.