Winter is upon us and the team at the site for the new East Boston branch library – located at the end of Bremen Street Park, near Prescott Street – is working hard to get the roof up before our first snowfall. Check out these great pictures to see the progress. The branch is scheduled to open in the fall of 2013. Download the project fact sheet (PDF) to learn more.
Posts Tagged ‘East Boston’
Over the next year, the Boston Public Library will focus on a systemwide facilities review based on the Compass principles. The BPL will be piloting this review at three branches: Dudley, Jamaica Plain, and Roslindale. There are also several projects in the branches and the Central Library at Copley Square focusing on children and teens, space rejuvenation, technology, and energy efficiency.
Some highlights of recently completed and underway projects are as follows:
- The Rey Room at the Central Library added a new early literacy “book nook” thanks to the generous donation of the McCue family.
- The Boston Room at the Central Library received a renovation to create a children’s activity space; Rey Room staff have begun to host programs in the renovated space.
- The teen room at the Hyde Park Branch was painted and some new furnishings will arrive in the spring of 2013.
- The West End recently received a new roof and will, along with the Roslindale Branch, have HVAC upgrades in the coming months.
- The Charlestown Branch remains temporarily closed for a new roof, heating and cooling system, and windows. There will also be a new early literacy nook installed.
- Ground has broken for the new East Boston Branch and the BPL, City of Boston and William Rawn Architects are working hard on the new building, which is expected to be complete in the fall of 2013. See additional detail on the East Boston project here.