Problems Logging In?
- Is your card expired?
- Library cards expire after two years.
- You can renew your card by coming in to any BPL location with a valid ID and proof of your current Massachusetts address.
- If it is not convenient for you to come in to our library and you still have a Massachusetts address, you can apply for a BPL eCard from our website.
- Are you using your full-service, personal library card?
- Courtesy cards issued to out-of-town guests for use of services in our libraries may not be used for remote electronic access.
- Cards issued to libraries and other institutions may not be used for remote electronic access.
- Both of these situations would violate our licences with the companies who provide our electronic resources.
- Are you sure that you entered the library card number correctly?
- Do not include spaces in the card number.
- There are 14 digits in all. Sometimes, people forget to enter the correct number of repeated digits when the card begins "29999" or "20000".
- Is your PIN correct?
- PINs are 4-digit numbers that users choose when registering for a library card.
- PINs do not include letters, spaces, or punctuation.
- If you have forgotten your PIN or never chose one, you can do so online. However, you may find it more expedient to do so in person at one of our many library locations.
- If the problem persists, please contact us.
- For information on who can get a library card and how to get one (including BPL eCards), please refer to the links below: