The operating budget for the 2012 fiscal year for The Boston Public Library, as adopted by the library’s board of trustees on August 2, 2011, is $39.7 million.
On March 23, 2011, the Boston Public Library Board of Trustees approved a proposed $39.34 million budget for the 2012 fiscal year (FY12).
- FY12 Budget Presentation and Recommendation (PDF) published March 23, 2011
FY12 Planning Documents
- FY12 Budget Presentation for March 8 Trustee Meeting (PDF) updated March 9, 2011
- FY12 BPL Financial Review (PDF) published Feb. 24, 2011
- FY12 BPL Financial Overview (PDF) published on Feb. 24, 2011
- Preliminary FY12 Budget Timeline (PDF) dated December 16, 2010
Note: Dates in this timeline are approximate and subject to change
- Budget Roundtables
Topics include: FY12 revenue assumptions, library trust funds, capital budgeting, and the budget planning timeline.
- Tuesday, January 25, Central Library in Copley Square, 700 Boylston Street, Orientation Room, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday, January 26, Dudley Branch Library, 65 Warren Street in Roxbury, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Tuesday, March 15, Central Library in Copley Square, 700 Boylston Street, Orientation Room, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 16, Codman Square Branch Library, 690 Washington Street in Dorchester, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- March Budget Roundtable Flyer (PDF)
- January Budget Roundtable Flyer (PDF)
- Read a description of the Budget Roundtables