Government Information

Social Sciences Department, 2nd Floor, McKim Building, Central Library, 617-859-2261

Tax Information

See our Tax Forms and Tax Help Research Guide


Where can I get tax forms at the BPL?
How else can I get tax forms?
Where can I get help with my taxes?


Where can I get tax forms at the BPL?

At the Central Library, 700 Boylston Street

Massachusetts state nonresident and resident tax forms and instructions are available.  IRS (federal) forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ  and instructions are also available.

Forms will be available through April 30 on the lobby floor of the McKim Building  and on the second floor opposite the Delivery Desk (enter on Dartmouth Street).

At Branch Libraries, please contact your neighborhood library to see which tax forms are available.



How else can I get tax forms?

Federal Forms

Massachusetts State Forms

You may print forms from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue website.

By Phone – Call the MA Dept of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089

In person–MA Department of Revenue service counter
Hurley Building, 19 Staniford Street
Green Line: Government Center
Orange Line: Haymarket

Other States
Use the Federation of Tax Administrators website to find links to tax forms for any US state.

Where can I get help with my taxes?

Federal tax help:

  • Phone numbers for tax help at
  •  MA Department of Revenue: 617-887-MDOR(6367) or toll-free in Massachusetts at 800-392-6089 (help in filing state taxes only)
  • Boston Tax Help Coalition (formerly Boston EITC Coalition)  prepares and files taxes for eligible individuals and families for FREE! If you worked in 2015 and earned less than $54,000, you may be eligible.
  • VITA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance is available to help you fill out your state and federal tax returns free of charge.
  • VITA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance at the South End Branch, 685 Tremont Street. By appointment only; call 617.536.8241.
    • Volunteers are available through Tuesday, April 12 only.
    • Hours for tax help at the South End Branch are:
    • Mondays 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (April 4 and April 11, hours are 10:00 a.m-1:00 pm).
    • Tuesdays noon-4:00 p.m.
    • Wednesdays 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
    • Thursdays 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
    • Please note: No schedule E (Rental Properties) Forms, or forms for foreign students will be prepared. If you file Schedule C (Personal Business) or Schedule D (Capital Gains or Losses), call ahead to discuss whether we are able to prepare your forms.
    • Help will be given for only those taxpayers who are filing electronically.
  • VITA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance at Bunker Hill Community College, through April 15. Walk-ins are welcome.