While the Boston Public Library has some great technology workshop classes, you may be interested to know that Google is offering a free online course to help you become a power internet searcher. Consider signing up today!via Google:
Power Searching with Google is a free online, community-based course showcasing search techniques and how to use them to solve real, everyday problems. It features:
- Six 50-minute classes.
- Interactive activities to practice new skills.
- Opportunities to connect with others using Google Groups, Google+, and Hangouts on Air.
- Upon passing the post-course assessment, a printable Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.
- Registration is open from June 26, 2012 to July 16, 2012. We recommend that you register before the first class is released on July 10, 2012!
- New classes will become available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting on July 10, 2012 and ending on July 19, 2012.
- Course-related activities will end on July 23, 2012
Tags: Gregor Smart