The ability to apply for jobs on mobile started to roll out yesterday to LinkedIn’s English speaking members. LinkedIn is introducing the ability to apply for jobs without a resume attachment from a mobile phone. You simply use your LinkedIn profile to apply for a job. If you’d like to try it, upgrade your LinkedIn app to the latest iOS and Android versions.
Here’s how it works, according to the LinkedIn blog:
- Search for your dream job or pick from one of our personalized recommendations. For every job, you’ll see the option to either “Apply” now or “Save Job” for later.
- If you are ready to apply, click the “Apply” button to review your LinkedIn profile. Some jobs will have an “Apply on Company Website” button in cases where the company requires the job seeker to apply on their corporate career site.
- When using your LinkedIn profile to apply, you’ll have the option to edit your profile directly from the app before submitting. If your profile is already up-to-date, simply hit “Next.”
- On the last screen, you’ll be prompted to confirm your email address and phone number. These fields are auto-populated based on what you’ve provided on your LinkedIn profile, but you can also edit them easily to ensure the company has the right contact information to reach you.
- That’s it. Hit the “Submit” button and LinkedIn will deliver your application to your future employer. It’s that easy.
Kirstein Business Library will be holding LinkedIn BootCamp on November 12, 13, and 14 at 6. Please stay tuned for more details.