Take a look into Boston’s past by searching our electronic resource, The Making of the Modern World.
This Gale database looks at history through the lens of wealth and trade with a focus on economics in the widest sense, including political science, history, philosophy, sociology, and special collections on banking, finance, transportation and manufacturing.
Some sample titles to pique your interest:
- Boston, a commercial metropolis in 1850 : her growth, population, wealth and
- Boston notions : being an authentic and concise account of “that village” from
1630 to 1847
- Report on introducing pure water into the City of Boston, 1835
- The Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation, 1818
- The Rules of work, of the carpenters, in the town of Boston. Formed, and most
accurately corrected, by a large number of the first workmen of the Boston, 1800
- A state of the importations from Great-Britain into the port of Boston, from the
beginning of Jan. 1769, to Aug. 17th 1769