Using the Kirstein Business Library’s Career resources, you can learn about careers, find and apply for jobs, prepare for interviews and more. Below are links to databases, helpful websites and other resources to help advance your career. Download our handout highlighting the Boston Public Library electronic resources available for jobseekers.
Programs and Classes for Jobseekers
- Computer Skills – The Boston Public Library offers continuous classes on basic computer skills, email, Internet basics, word processing programs and more. View or download the calendar for the Central Library at Copley Square and check for classes being offered at local branches and other locations around the city.
- LearningExpress Library (formerly LearnATest)
This site provides test-preparation materials and interactive practice exams for all ages. In addition to subject-based resources for students from grade school through college, LearningExpress offers practice exams for adults. Based on official tests, they help job-seekers improve your scores on civil service, military, professional licensing, and certification exams. This resource offers immediate scoring with complete answer explanations and individualized analysis of scores
- Test Prep Collection – Search our catalog for circulating print material.
- The Kirstein Business Library has a collection of resume, cover letter, interviewing and exam preparation books available to check out and take home. To search for titles, use our online catalog.
- View a bibliography of reference material covering salary surveys, occupational outlooks and trends, and and career advice.