Posted on March 2nd, 2014 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources
Looking for demographic information? The library offers remote access to DemographicsNow: Business & People.
- Access a demographic report on any geography – or compare multiple geographies – for information including income, housing, race, age, education, retail spending, consumer expenditures, businesses and more.
- Search for an individual company or create a mailing list of multiple companies from over 20 million active businesses. Search by company name, executive title, business type, and more. Now including a separate Physicians/Dentists directory.
- Search for an individual, a friend, a relative or create a market research list from over 206 million people and 135 million households. Search by name, address, telephone or by a variety of U.S. Census neighborhood data averages.
Posted on January 9th, 2014 by Amber De Angelis in Electronic Resources, Internet Resources
Tags: amber, books, Career Resources, Career Transitions, evernote, Mango, new year, Reserve Inc
It’s a new year! It’s the perfect time to pick up good habits or learn something new. Actually, any time is a good time to do those, you just need the right tools and the drive to do it. Luckily for you, the Boston Public Library and the web have some great resources to help you kick off your new year right.
Read more »
Posted on December 26th, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
Have you explored the Norman B. Leventhal Map website yet? This digital collection represents an ongoing project of conservation, cataloguing, and digital imaging of the Norman B. Leventhal Center’s collection of over 200,000 historical maps and 5,000 atlases. View the collection by location, subject, date, publisher, author, or projection.
Here are a few of their business themed maps for Boston:
Be sure to check out the Map Center’s Made in Boston exhibition (through March 10th) which brings together, for the first time in decades, a majority of maps made in Boston in the century before the American Revolution.
Posted on December 10th, 2013 by Amber De Angelis in Electronic Resources, Internet Resources
Tags: ago, amber, attorney general, charity, charity navigator, donations
It’s that time of year again. Many organizations are vying for donations from consumers using ads and street teams. But there are so many charities and nonprofits, how do you know they aren’t a scam? Here are some resources you can check out to make sure you are donating smartly.
Read more »
Posted on November 22nd, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
Did you know:
- US casinos had a total gross gaming win of $98.4bn in 2012
- The US frozen food market has a value of $33.1 billion
- The functional drinks market had total revenues of $25,173.9m in 2012
If you’re looking for market intelligence don’t forget to check for a Datamonitor Industry Market Report using Business Insights: Essentials. With full-text coverage back to 1998, this resource offers analysis for the following six industry sectors:
- Energy and Utilities
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
To find Datamonitor reports, run an Advanced Search and limit your search to”Market Research Reports” under the “Content Type” drop-down box.