Posted on October 26th, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
Need to find top companies or industries in any given area? Our AtoZdatabases electronic resource offers a searchable database of over 30 million US companies. Here is a screening of the largest public companies with headquarters in the Boston Metro Area.
To see the largest public companies for the St. Louis Metro Area click below.
Read more »
Posted on October 17th, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
The ProQuest Dissertation & Theses electronic resource is the go to source for locating dissertations and theses. Available via in-library use only.
- Dissertation and theses from around the world from 1861 – Present
- Over a million full text dissertations available for download in PDF format
- More than 70,000 dissertations and are added each year
- Dissertations published since July 1980 includes a 350-word abstract written by the author
- Master’s theses published since 1988 include 150-word abstracts
Here are some recent results when searching under the subject category, “Entrepreneurship”:
- CEOs’ Transformational Leadership and Managers’ Innovative Behavior: The Investigation of Intervening Effects in an Entrepreneurial Context
- Executive coaching practices: What do executive coaches do?
- The effect of type of education on an individual’s self employment choice: Comparison of vocational and college education
- The up-and-comers: A design system for the new entrepreneurs’ urban approach
- The art of the elevator pitch: A qualitative study on the key rhetorical features of a successful venture capital pitch
- Founder succession in small businesses
- Connecting the business mind and the altruistic heart
Posted on October 12th, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
The Morningstar Investment Research Center is a great way to check out a company, fund, or get investing advice. This service offers PDF access to current and archive newsletters from their mutual fund, stock, and ETF strategists.
Check out the October issues for articles on:
- Our Former Holdings: Where Are They Now? – DividendInvestor
- Know Your Fund Company’s Achilles’ Heel – FundInvestor
- Common Investor Mistakes – StockInvestor
- Best Ideas – ETFInvestor
To find, click on the image below and select the “Newsletters” tab:
Posted on September 28th, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
There is more to life than Wikipedia. Did you know that your library card gives you access to a number of encylopedias? Consider using the Encyclopædia Britannica Online when conducting your research.
Updated every two weeks, this resource offers a number of great tools for research such as:
- World Data Analyst
Quick and easy facts, statistics and comparisons of the countries of the world
- This Day in History
Find out what important events and who was born on any given day.
In-depth coverage on a specific topic, with articles and media handpicked by Britannica editors.
Select Browse > Biographies
Browse content by Topic, National/Cultural Association, Era, Gender, and Name.
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
Contains 225,000 entries, including more than 10,000 new words and definitions
Posted on September 3rd, 2013 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
Ever needed a table of leading bottled water companies? Maybe you want a ranking of cracker brands by sales? Or perhaps you’ve wondered about the top 10 breakfast foods? Well, you can find these and similar rankings via TableBase.
Providing statistical data on over 90 industries, TableBase can help you find company/brand rankings, market share information, consumption statistics, and demographic data.
When conducting a search, try selecting “Advanced Search” and choose from among the many drop-down categories.
Learn more about TableBase.