Posted on February 25th, 2017 by blippmeier in Kirstein Business Library
The Kirstein Business Library & Innovation Center is a Funding Information Network partner. As such, we provide free access to Foundation Center databases and supporting materials. We also provide periodic programs of interest to nonprofits, such as nonprofit incorporation workshops, training on the Foundation Center databases, and grant writing workshops. Here is a link to our upcoming programs , which we advertise on Eventbrite. We are also on Facebook .
Other sources of information include the Massachusetts Nonprofit Network’s Community Trainings and Event page and Boston Charity Events .
Posted on January 27th, 2017 by gsmart in Electronic Resources, Kirstein Business Library
Planning for Retirement? New to Investing? Is it time to Review Your Investment Portfolio?
The Morningstar Investment Research Center offers data on over 14,500 stocks, 24,800 mutual funds, 1,500 exchange-traded funds, and 700 closed end funds. You’ll also find analyst reports on over 3,500 securities, offering in-depth background and analyst opinions on top investments.
You can access this resource in the library via our computers or wifi and at home using your library card.
Try it out today!
Posted on January 23rd, 2017 by blippmeier in Kirstein Business Library
Please join us for these programs in February:
- February 1 at 6 in the Exchange: Etsy Basics Workshop
- February 2 at 1 and 6 in the Exchange: Crash Course in Design Software (Photoshop) Pt. 1
- February 7 at 12 in the Community Learning Center: Budgeting with Google Sheets
- February 8 at 6 in the Commonwealth Salon: Help Navigating the Health Insurance Marketplace for Small Businesses
- February 9 at 1 and 6 in the Exchange: Crash Course in Design Software (Illustrator) Pt.2
- February 14 at 2 in the Community Learning Center: Doing Historical Business Research
- February 15 at 6 in the Exchange: Landing a Dream Career in Consulting
- February 16 at 1 and 6 in the Exchange: Crash Course in Design Software (InDesign) Pt. 3
- February 23 at 1 and 6 in the Exchange: Make Musing with Garage Band
Posted on January 6th, 2017 by blippmeier in Kirstein Business Library
A new report issued by the Boston Women’s Workforce Council reveals the large gap between men’s and women’s earnings in Boston. Women earn seventy-seven cents for each dollar that men earn.
The Council works with businesses in the Greater Boston area to eliminate the gender-based wage gap, remove the visible and invisible barriers to women’s advancement, and ensure that 100% of the talent pool is used to make Boston the best area in the country for working women.
Posted on December 27th, 2016 by blippmeier in Kirstein Business Library
Please join us for the following programs in January:
January 3 at 6: How it’s Made: Producing for the Theater at 6 in the Commonwealth Salon
January 5 at 1 and 6: 3D Printing Basics in the Exchange
January 6 at 10: Special Effects with After Effects in the Exchange
January 10 at 6: Lean Business Planning in the Commonwealth Salon
January 12 at 1 and 6: Easy as 123D Design in the Exchange
January 17 at 1: Exploring Business Ownership in the Commonwealth Salon
at 6: Hitting Your Mark: An Intro to Performing Arts Branding in the Commonwealth Salon
January 19 at 1 and 6: Blender for Beginners in the Exchange
January 24 at 6: Visualizing Financial Data in the Commonwealth Salon
January 26 at 1 and 6: Make Your Photos into Stencils Using Photoshop in the Exchange
January 31 at 10: Instagram: How to Make it Work for Your Small Business
at 4: Nonprofit Incorporation Workshop in the Commonwealth Salon