Personal Finance Resources on the Internet
- The Federal Trade Commission has general information about many consumer issues, including improving your credit, including obtaining credit scores and credit reports, and preventing identity theft.
- AnnualCreditReport.com is the only online site authorized under federal law to provide credit reports to consumers. This central site allows you to request a free credit file disclosure , commonly called a credit report, once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. A credit report differs from a credit score. You may need to pay a fee to obtain your credit score.
Search for the best credit card, personal loan, savings account, mortgage and other rates. Read articles relating to personal finance.
Investment and personal finance tools, resources and content.
Mortgage amortization calculator.
- Sales Tax Clearinghouse
A list of state sales tax rates or use the Sales Tax Calculator.
- Credit Score Calculator
Numerous personal financial calculators including home affordability, rent vs buy, early mortgage payoff, time to payoff credit card, debt consolidation calculator, interest only, and our unique credit score estimator.
Resources to find a Financial Planner
- Investor Protection Trust
Investor education and protection brochures such as “Getting Help With Your Investments”.
- Financial Planning Association
This association connects those who need and deliver financial planning. Information on how to choose a financial planner.
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
Financial planning professionals that work on a fee-only basis.
- Internet Retirement Alliance
Retirement planning help from un-biased financial planning experts.