Homework Help at the Boston Public Library
Free drop-in homework help, academic support, and mentoring available at libraries and online during the school year in all subject areas to students in grades K – 8. Read more about Homework Help at the library.
Homework Help includes:
- Homework Help Mentors
- Boston Teachers Union tutors
- Online help courtesy of the BPL
Test Prep Help
MCAS Test Prep from the Massachusetts Department of Education – information about the MCAS tests including schedules, questions and answers from previous year’s tests, and a way to generate your own custom set of MCAS questions to practice with
LearningExpress Library – for students from grade school through college; practice tests, exercises, eBooks; ACT, SAT, and other standardized tests prep help
More sources for homework help and after school programs in Boston:
- BOSTONavigator – The place to search for out-of school time programming in Boston.
- Boston Youth Zone – Find activities, opportunities, and other fun stuff for kids and teens, plus important information and resources for parents.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (good for current events and “hot issues”)
- Many, many biography resources
- Excellent literary criticism resources
- Check out our Anne Frank research guide, including information about The Sapling Project
Find images, films and other materials to support your research projects:
- National Archives (explore historical primary source documents)
- Encyclopedia of Life (investigate animal and plant life)