- Please note: due to inclement weather, all Boston Public Library locations will close at 5 p.m. today, Monday, February 8. Visit cityofboston.gov/snow for City of Boston updates on the snow, including school closures and parking.
- All Boston Public Library locations will be closed on Monday, February 15, in observance of Presidents' Day.
- Registration for the series BPL Yoga: Intelligence for Body, Mind, & Soul at the Central Library is full due to popular demand. Registered spots will be held until 11:55 a.m. the day of the class, at which time they will be released to a yogi who is present. Classes are held Tuesdays at noon through February 16.
- Welcome home! Thanks to sharp-eyed Norman B. Leventhal Map Center curator Ronald Grim, a map believed stolen from the Boston Public Library more than a decade ago has been returned. The map, Carte Geographique de Nouvelle France, compiled in 1612 by explorer Samuel de Champlain, was found for sale with an antiques dealer in New York City for $285,000. The map is on display now through February 29, 2016, in the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center at the Central Library in Copley Square.
- BPL card holders can access more than 300 free six-week online Gale Courses, with topics including project management, guitar, grant writing, video editing, and more.
Thursday, February 11, 6:30 p.m.
Lower Mills Branch
Share your thoughts on what qualities you’d like to see in the next Boston Public Library President with the Presidential Search Committee.
Tuesday, February 9, 6:30 p.m.
South End Branch
Boston Globe reporter Stephen Kurkjian reads from his book Master Thieves: The Boston Gangsters who Pulled Off the Greatest Art Heist.
Thursday, February 11, 2 p.m.
West Roxbury Branch
The Swing Fever Trio performs the music of George Gershwin, Cole Porter, Richard Rodgers, Duke Ellington, and more.
Friday, February 12, 11 a.m.
Tech Classroom, Central Library in Copley Square
Learn about the history of valentines and explore beautiful digital archives of vintage Valentine’s Day cards to email or print.
Saturday, February 13, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
South Boston Branch
The Friends of the South Boston Branch host a Wintertime Book Sale, featuring low-priced adult, teen, and children’s books, audiobooks, and CDs. All proceeds benefit the South Boston Branch.
Saturday, February 13, 10:30 a.m.
East Boston Branch
Children and families sing, dance, and practice Spanish to the beat of Mariana’s original and classic songs.