- A master’s degree in library science from an accredited library school
- Two years of pertinent professional experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training sufficient to indicate ability to do the work
- Extensive knowledge of young adults’ literature and work; demonstrated knowledge of the techniques of programming for young adults; demonstrated interest in young adults and in library work with young adults
- Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon first day of hire
- Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) check with the City of Boston
Deadline for application: January 31, 2011
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.