PLEASE NOTE: The Central Library Teen Room is unable to accommodate any class visits or camp groups at this time due to a very limited amount of space in the Boston Room. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to having class visits again when we move to our new permanent space in the spring of 2015.
Teachers, when you are planning on bringing your class to any one of the branches, please remember to contact the appropriate branch at least two to three weeks before your visit. Contact information can be found below.
It is also helpful if you can have the following information ready:
- Your name and contact information (phone and/or email)
- Several possible dates for your visit in case your first choice is unavailable
- The number of students in your class. (The Central Library Teen Room cannot take more than 30 students at a time and many branches have a limited capacity as well.)
- The grade level of the students?
- What languages do the students speak? Is English a second or other language for any student?
- What are you looking to get out of your visit? Please call to ensure your chosen branch can accomodate your needs.
- Library/Teen Room tour
- Database and/or catalog training
If you would like to get library cards for your students, please contact your librarian for a library card application and have them returned to the library at least one week before your visit so they can be ready for you to pick up when you arrive.
Contact Information for Teen Librarians & Teen Rooms
Locations with dedicated teen spaces: