Boston Public Library, Wedding Ceremony Giveaway
What better way to begin the next chapter of your life together than exchanging vows inside the Abbey Room at the Central Library in Copley Square? As one of the City's most sought-after wedding venues, and in honor of the McKim Building's 125th anniversary, the Boston Public Library is giving four couples the opportunity to host their wedding ceremony within its historic walls this February — for free!
Tell me more...
Each of the selected couples will be invited to the Boston Public Library's Central Library on the morning of Sunday, February 2, 2020 to exchange their vows while the building is closed to the public. Every detail has been carefully coordinated for you:
- Light breakfast and beverage compliments of The Catered Affair
- Bouquets and boutonnieres provided by Fleur Events
- Ceremony music performed by SpeechLess Music
- Ceremony and mini-session photography provided by Janelle Carmela Photography
- Officiated by Karla Firestone, Justice of the Peace
- Overnight stay provided by the Westin Copley Place
- Commemorative takeaway gifts compliments of the Boston Public Library and The Catered Affair
How do I win?
Beginning Tuesday, October 15 through Friday, November 15, 2019, an online lottery will be available on this page. Only those looking to be married are eligible to enter, and only one entry per couple will be accepted. Four couples will be randomly selected and notified on or about Monday, November 18, 2019. Good luck!
What else should I know?
- Registrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old by the time of entry
- Winner notification will include a set time period for access on Sunday, February 2, 2020 — unfortunately adjustments cannot be accommodated
- Winners must complete a BPL wedding ceremony agreement within 72 hours to claim their prize
- Couples are responsible for coordinating their own marriage license for the officiant to sign
- Each couple will be allowed a maximum of ten (10) guests
- All vendors have been pre-selected; additional vendors will not be permitted
- Each couple will be onsite for approximately one (1) hour — this includes a 15 minute ceremony followed by a 30-minute mini-photography session
- Photography package to include 50 edited electronic images
Photography by Angelina Rose
Rules, Terms, and Conditions:
Boston Public Library Wedding Ceremony Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open to all who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. City of Boston employees are not eligible.
The Giveaway is sponsored and coordinated by the Boston Public Library, located at 700 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116. Other participating parties include The Catered Affair, Fleur Events, Janelle Carmela Photography, SpeechLess Music, Karla Firestone and the Westin Copley Place.
3. Agreement to Rules, Terms, and Conditions
Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Rules, Terms, and Conditions and the decisions of the Boston Public Library. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with the Rules, Terms, and Conditions and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein. The Boston Public Library reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason.
4. Registration Period
The Giveaway registration period begins on Tuesday, October 15, 2019 and ends on Friday, November 15, 2019. Entries that are submitted before or after the Registration Period will be disqualified. All participants must submit their registration online.
5. How to Enter
Registration is available on the Boston Public Library website: www.bpl.org/ceremonygiveaway. Follow the directions provided to fill out the entry form and submit.
Limit one (1) entry per couple, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Registration Period. Only those interested in being married should register. Names submitted on registration form must match government issued IDs of bride(s)/groom(s) when claiming prize. Multiple submissions will be void.
6. Prize Drawing
On or about Monday, November 18, 2019, the Boston Public Library will select four (4) potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted randomly through www.rafflecopter.com. The odds of being selected depend upon the number of entries received. The Boston Public Library will attempt to notify the potential winners via telephone and/or email on or about Monday, November 18, 2019. If potential winners cannot be contacted within 48 hours, alternate potential winners will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
7. Winner Notification
The four (4) potential winners will be notified via telephone and/or email. Each potential winning couple will be required to complete, sign, and return a Boston Public Library wedding agreement within 72 hours of notification. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to return the Boston Public Library wedding agreement as required, prize will be forfeited and another randomly selected potential winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries.
Grand Prize (4) – A wedding ceremony for the winning couple and up to ten (10) guests to be conducted within the Boston Public Library’s Central Library on Sunday, February 2, 2020. Package to include ceremony flowers, photography, musician, light refreshments, and commemorative gift. Date may not be rescheduled unless required by the Boston Public Library, with advance notice. Winning couples are solely responsible for applying for and receiving legal marriage licenses.
This prize cannot be applied to any other event booking. The Boston Public Library does not offer one-hour wedding ceremony packages except through this special giveaway promotion.
9. Promotion and Media
Winners’ names and/or likeness’ may be used on social media and promotional materials produced by the Boston Public Library and other partnering vendors. Additional press may be present to document winners’ participation on Sunday, February 2, 2020.