Why don’t you learn a new language?
Category Archives: Electronic Resources
Posted on November 7th, 2015 by Gregor Smart in Electronic Resources
Did you know?
- The US cattle ranching industry includes about 915,000 operators with combined annual revenue of about $81 billion.
- Global exports of seafood products total about $130 billion per year
- There are about 6 million commercially operated ski areas in 80 countries
- US apparel manufacturing industry includes about 6,500 establishments with combined annual revenue of about $12 billion
You can find these industry facts and more with First Research. This remote access electronic resource offers:
- Nearly 500 industry profiles
- Quarterly industry alerts
- State Profiles – monitor monthly employment, business and real estate trends
Try it out today!
By many measures, Boston is a city on the move. Restaurants, luxury condos and new developments are popping up across the city. For many, life is good, but it may be surprising to learn that according to Family Assets Count, 17% of Boston households live in poverty and 46% don’t have 3 months of savings to live above the poverty level.
This fall, Mayor Martin J. Walsh, Vice Chair of the U.S. Conference of Mayors’ Cities of Opportunity Task Force, launched the Office of Financial Empowerment to Address Poverty and Income Inequality for the city of Boston.
Local organizations such as the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), and Jewish Vocational Services have partnered with the city to combat poverty and find ways to empower the financially vulnerable in our community.
See the links below to learn more about these organizations and to discover library resources, city demographic data, reading lists and reports on this important topic. Read more »