Read Your Way to Fenway
In this annual summer reading contest, children and teens read three books for a chance to win three tickets to watch the Red Sox play at Fenway Park on Sunday, August 28. Sponsored by John Hancock, The Red Sox Foundation, and The Boston Public Library Foundation.
- For children and teens ages 5 to 17.
- Download the entry form. (English | Español)
- Children and teens read at least three books, write a brief essay about their favorite, and submit the essay to any Boston Public Library location.
- One entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
- Winners will be notified via phone and will pick up their tickets from the same location where they submitted their essays.
- Winners receive three tickets to the game on Sunday, August 28, three vouchers for food at Fenway Park, and one t-shirt, hat, and backpack.
- Each winner must be accompanied to the game by one parent or guardian.
- Contest starts: Wednesday, June 1
- Essay due to a Boston Public Library location: Monday, August 1
- Winners notified by phone: Wednesday, August 10 – Sunday, August 14
- Winners pick up tickets at the Boston Public Library location where they submitted their entry: Wednesday, August 17 – Monday, August 22
- Game day: Sunday, August 28 at 1:35 p.m., Red Sox vs. Royals at Fenway Park