Notary Public Services at the Central Library
The Boston Public Library provides notary services to the public in person at the Central Library in Copley Square. To schedule your appointment, read the following and fill out the form below to contact us. A staff member will reach out to you within 3-5 business days to schedule your appointment. At this time, staff can only notarize documents in English. Walk-ins are not accepted.
You Will Need:
- The document(s) you need notarized
- Make sure the document(s) is/are complete.
- Do not sign your name until notary tells you to do so.
- Proof of your identity
- You may use a state-issued ID card, driver's license, passport, or another government-issued photo ID.
- Ensure the name on your ID matches the name on your document(s).
- All signers to be physically present
- Every individual who will sign the document(s) must bring a proper ID.
- To be aware and willing to sign
- Notaries will check you and each member of your party for willingness to sign the document(s) and that you are mentally aware and alert.
- If you, or anyone in your party, do not understand the details of your transaction, or if you are uncertain about signing the document(s), please resolve this before your appointment.