Did you know that you could enter to win tickets to see the Red Sox play at Fenway? All you have to do is write a brief description of a book you’ve read this summer. Who are the characters, what happens in the story, and what did you like about it?
Ask your librarian for an application or download it below.
- For children and teens ages 5‒17.
- Read or listen to at least 3 books and write a brief essay about your favorite one.
- One entry per person at one branch only.
- Multiple entries will disqualify the entrant.
- The essay must be original work and cannot be plagiarized or recycled from a prior year.
- Winners receive three tickets to the game on Sunday, August 22.
- Each winner must be accompanied to the game by one parent or guardian.
- Tickets are nontransferable.
- Contest starts: July 1
- Essays due to a Boston Public Library location: Monday August 2
- Winners notified: Saturday, August 14
- Game day: Sunday, August 22, at 1:10 p.m., Red Sox vs. Texas Rangers at Fenway Park