Study Rooms at all BPL locations are currently unavailable due to COVID-19. Please check back at a later date for updates on library services.
The Central Library in Copley Square has a number of community rooms and event spaces available for public meetings and for private rental. This page includes information on the study rooms available at the Central Library.
For conference or community rooms go to these pages:
The three study rooms on the Mezzanine level are part of the Community Learning Center.
The rooms are available to individuals for small group work or other tasks, which may not be easily accomplished in other areas of the Library. For individual or group work around business or entrepreneurial endeavors, video or audio recording, or other collaborative work, please visit the Kirstein Business Library & Innovation Center. Study room bookings are not considered confirmed until approved by the Library’s Special Events Department
This application form should be filled out, signed and returned for review. Requests for study rooms at the Copley Square location can be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations must be made with a minimum of 2 days’ notice and no more than 2 weeks ahead of the requested date
- Study rooms may be booked for 4-hours maximum per day; up to two reservations a week, maximum 4 per month, unless authorized by the library
- At this time we are unable to accommodate day-of requests
Once your request has been processed you will be contacted as to its status. Please read the guidelines before you fill out the application (both below).
- Guidelines for Booking Study Rooms
- Study Room Application (currently unavailable due to COVID-19)
Study Rooms Available for Use
Mezzanine Conference Room 1: 2-4
Mezzanine Conference Room 2: up to 20
Mezzanine Conference Room 3 (LCD Screen built in for laptop connectivity): up to 14