The Central Library in Copley Square hosts thousands of programs each year, which are free to all. Here are some of the signature programs the Central Library hosts:
- Author Talk Series - Visiting authors run the gamut of first-time writers to best-selling novelists with a string of books under their belts.
- Concerts in the Courtyard - Enjoy free, lunchtime concert series throughout the summer.
- Exhibitions - The Central Library hosts a variety of rotating exhibitions and displays.
- Local and Family History Series - A series of guest lecturers at the Central Library teach you about the rich history of Greater Boston and how to learn more about your roots.
- Lowell Lecture Series - Generously sponsored by the Lowell Institute, this acclaimed annual series has welcomed a distinguished slate of speakers, from Supreme Court Justices to Pulitzer Prize winners.
- Never Too Late Group - One of the country's oldest, continuously running groups for seniors meets weekly at the Central Library.
If you're interested in suggesting a program for the BPL, at any location, please review the guidelines before filling out a proposal form.