1-Hour Wedding Ceremony
March-May 2024 appointments have been filled. June 2024 appointments open on Friday, March 1, 2024.
- One hour of access for a non-denominational wedding ceremony and photos all within the Guastavino Room
- Couples are invited to include up to 12 guests, regardless of age, to take part in their ceremony. Your photographer and officiant do not count towards the 12-person guest limit.
- Photos permitted within Guastavino Room and exterior of McKim Building & Copley Square. Photo access is not permitted within the building (including outdoor Courtyard).
- 12 chairs and ceremony décor will be placed specifically for each appointment
- Rental: $200.00
BPL will offer this package on select Mondays each month.
Ceremonies may be booked within a 90 day booking window, at least 14 days out.
Please note, we do not provide an officiant or manage marriage licenses & certificates. To learn more about applying for a marriage license please visit the City of Boston’s website.
- Food and/or beverage is not permitted
- Outside vendors are limited to one officiant and one photographer
- Additional furniture, decorations, petals, signs, rice, confetti, balloons, props, or animals are not permitted
- Attendees must come dressed for the ceremony; on-site holding/prep areas are not available
- Live music is not permitted
To inquire about dates and book a 1-hour ceremony in the Guastavino Room, please fill out an application. A representative from the Special Events Office will follow up with you. Date availability will not be confirmed without a submitted application. We look forward to working with you to plan your wedding ceremony at the Boston Public Library!