- World language collections in French, Haitian-Creole and Spanish
- Local history collection
Library service in the Mattapan neighborhood began with a reading room attached to the delivery station in the Oakland Hall Building. The location was granted branch status in 1923. On June 22, 1931, the Mattapan Branch moved to a new location at 10 Hazelton Street. On February 28, 2009, the current Mattapan Branch opened at 1350 Blue Hill Avenue.