To preserve and provide access to historical records of our society, and to serve the cultural, educational and informational needs of the people of the city and the commonwealth by leading and focusing the fundraising efforts, raising the visibility of the library and its programs and encouraging community involvement.
In 1992, these dedicated supporters of the Library, John and Diddy Cullinane, William Bulger, and William O. Taylor joined forces in the beginning to restore one of the City’s most venerable buildings, the Charles McKim building located on Copley Square. Over the years the foundation’s focus broadened to include programming support and facility improvements throughout the system, as well. In creating the Boston Public Library Foundation, they sought to build a new partnership among civic-minded individuals, the corporate community, and public funders. The combined strength and leadership of this partnership continues to move the great work of the Library forward.
With the generosity of many donors the Foundation has raised millions for programs for children, teens, and adults; underwriting exhibitions; expanding library resources; and providing restored and improved spaces – free to all.
The Boston Public Library Foundation
700 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
Phone (617) 247-8980
Fax (617) 247-1571
Follow the BPLF on Social Media:
Jeffrey Hawkins, Chairman
|Lewis Burleigh, Esq.||Helen E. McL. O’Rourke|
|Thomas Crohan||Lia G. Poorvu|
|Olive Darragh||Susan E. Pravda|
|Michael A. Ewald||Daniel N. Saul|
|Lillie B. Johnson||William Seibel|
|Paul T. Kraft||Ray Sullivan|
|Joshua Nelson||Michael Ward|
|Ronald P. O’Hanley||Diane Yarrow|
Lisa Bevilaqua, Executive Director
Hope Coolidge, Finance and Administration Officer