About the Grove Hall Branch
- Dedicated spaces for children, teens, and adults
- Private study rooms
- Flexible community room and Jazz Lounge
- Local History Collection
- Featured works by local artists
- Extended outdoor WiFi
- Parking Lot
- The first library in Grove Hall neighborhood opened with 200 books on May 1, 1898 in the rear of Mr. Mowry's Drug Store at the corner of Warren Street and Haynes Park.
- The Warren Street Reading Room opened on the corner of Warren and Savin Streets in 1919.
- In 1926, the branch moved into its new quarters in the New Roxbury Memorial High School and was renamed the Memorial Branch.
- The Memorial Branch was replaced in December 1970 by the Grove Hall Branch located at the corner of Warren and Crawford Streets.
- On April 4, 2009 the current location, designed by Schwartz/Silver Architects, opened in the Jeremiah E. Burke High School.
Events at Grove Hall
Beginner English Class: Level 1May 31st | 11:00am - 12:15pm
Teen DIY ClubJun 1st | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Story Time at the Franklin Park ZooJun 2nd | 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Future Readers Story TimeJun 6th | 10:30am - 11:15am
Beginner English Class: Level 1Jun 7th | 11:00am - 12:15pm