About the Honan-Allston Branch
- Study carrels in adult reading area
- Large Rita M. DiGesse community room with baby grand piano
- Private study room and conference room
- Art gallery for exhibitions by local artists
- Using horse-drawn carriages, a delivery station in Frank Howe's drugstore at 26 Franklin Street first provided library service to Allston in 1889.
- In 1905, the Allston Reading Room opened at 354 Cambridge Street and became a full-service branch in 1924. The branch moved to 161 Harvard Avenue in 1929 and was closed following statewide budget cuts in 1981.
- The current location opened on June 16, 2001, designed by Machado & Silvetti Associates, Inc.
- On March 13, 2003 the branch was renamed the Honan-Allston Branch in honor of the late City Councilor Brian Honan.