About the South Boston Branch
- Many World languages, including a unique collection of adult and children's books in Irish
- A set of historical Boston maps on select tables and on the floor of the branch
- Walled courtyard with a garden space
- The South Boston Branch first opened in April 1872 in the Masonic building at 372 West Broadway, the second branch library established in the United States.
- In 1948, the branch closed when the Masonic building was sold and was reopened in June 1950 in a storefront at 385-8 West Broadway until it was destroyed by fire in May 1957.
- The present location opened on October 31, 1957, consolidating the City Point Branch and the South Boston Branch.
Jan 31st | 1:00pm - 2:30pm