Are you hoping to start a small business and don't know where to get started? Here are a few of the Kirstein Business Library & Innovation Center’s favorite resources for the entrepreneur.
- How prepared are you? Take the SBA's Small Business Readiness Assessment.
- Watch a LinkedIn Learning course on Entrepreneurship Foundations or Small Business Secrets.
Connect with a Mentor
- Book an appointment with a Score Boston Business Mentor in KBLIC on Mondays and Thursdays from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. for guidance on starting or running your business.
- Get Free Legal Guidance on your loan, lease, or intellectual property with office hours provided by attorneys from Goodwin.
- Review sample business plans from the Gale Virtual Reference Library resource.
- Check out Nolo's Small Business Start-up Kit from our collection.
- Try the Build Your Business Plan wizard from the SBA.
- Create mailing lists, sales leads, and identify competitors with AtoZdatabases, a resource with data on over 2 million new businesses, 30 million businesses and 240 million residents.
- Find trends, opportunities, and challenges on nearly 500 industries with the help of a First Research report from Mergent Intellect.
- Evaluate sites and analyze markets with DemographicsNow.
- Locate Trade and & Industry Periodicals with the Gale Small Business Collection.
- Need help with a sign, logo, or video for your retail business? Visit us for access to Adobe software, a bookable InnoLAB workspace, and to take advantage of Design Software Drop-in hours.