In partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Transportation and Massachusetts Library association, transit riders across Massachusetts will be able to access free digital content provided by the Boston Public Library through a program called “Browse, Borrow, Board.”
Riders can browse digital audiobooks, eBooks, newspapers, and newspapers and magazines while waiting for their bus or train to arrive before borrowing and enjoying their reading materials on the go. No library card is needed to access the collection; the users can fill in a simple online form found via QR codes posted at transit locations to register.
All registered users will receive an email confirming their registration, along with information on how to connect with their local library.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The BPL’s primary goal with this pilot program is to reach riders who may not already be familiar with the Library’s offerings. Library cards are not required to use this service.
- Scan the QR code and register for a temporary account with an email and password of your choosing. You must register through the QR code.
- An account will be created instantly that will let you borrow up to 5 eBooks or audiobooks at a time, and unlimited magazines and newspapers.
- Items which are checked out can be returned, which will allow for another checkout in the 21-day period.
- An email will be sent to you welcoming you to the service, providing a link to visit the site to continue reading, and the email/password of your choosing.
- All items will be borrowed for 21 days.
- With the link provided in the email, you can visit the site to continue to read or listen in the browser — no app needed.
- Each account will be valid for 21 days. After 21 days you can re-scan the QR code to re-register/access again. There is no limit on the number of times you can register after the 21-day period.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for adults, children, and teens in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and more.
- Digital Newspapers and Magazines in English, Spanish, Chinese, and more.
- Items that are checked out to you will appear at the top of the home page and under “checkouts” on the expandable top left menu for continued reading and listening after the initial registration.
- Up to 5 eBooks and eAudiobooks can be borrowed at one time.
If you are a returning user, please check if there is a saved password for the site on your phone from a different registration attempt.
If you continue having trouble, please email email@example.com
If you are a returning patron, you may login and see the “log into your library” screen if you are not following the QR codes. The “Library card ID” is email you registered with and the PIN is the password you chose upon registering.