You may already be familiar with our BPL To Go program, which allows patrons to place holds, pick up, and return items such as books, CDs, and, DVDs, much like picking up takeout from a restaurant. We are excited to officially announce our new BPL To Go mobile app, which makes “ordering” items for pick-up even easier. We hope this app provides greater access to our collections while we remain closed for in-person service.
With our newly redesigned app, you can:
- See what you have checked out
- Place holds
- Renew materials
- Search the BPL catalog
- Stay logged in without re-entering your credentials
- Keep track of what you’ve read and would like to read
- Browse new titles
- See upcoming events at your preferred location
- View hours, locations, and contact information
- Scan the barcode of a book, DVD, or CD to search for it in our catalog
The app is now available for both iPhone and Android users. For iPhone users, the app requires iOS 11.0 or later. It is not optimized for tablets, but you can still install it on an iPad. Users of our retired BPL Mobile Catalog Android app can find it automatically updated to the new version. You can learn more about the app at bpl.org/bpltogo.
The app is constantly being improved, so stay tuned for future updates.