The Boston Public Library is delighted to welcome the public back to our currently open branches. As visitors return to browse, study, and borrow, we ask they be mindful of the new policies we have instituted to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
- Visitors must wear a mask over their nose and mouth when visiting our locations, regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink in indoor library spaces. Eating and drinking is allowed in the Courtyard of the Central Library in Copley Square.
- The Newsfeed Café is open at the Central Library in Copley Square, but must be entered directly from Boylston or Exeter streets, rather than through the lobby of the Johnson Building.
- Tours of the Central Library in Copley Square are suspended at this time, but we welcome visitors to explore on their own. Use our online tour booklet to learn more about the art, architecture, and rich history of the Central Library.
- We've adjusted our hours at all of our locations so be sure to check location hours before you visit.