Job Help for Teens
Job & Career Resources from the Boston Public Library
- Books on different jobs and job hunting available from the library
- College and career resources in the library’s databases
- Career Resources at the Kirstein Business Library, Central Library at Copley Square
Afterschool and Summer Employment in Boston
- Boston Youth Fund – Opportunities for summer and school-year jobs.
- Mayor’s Youth Line – A resource created by Boston teens for teens and their parents
- ABC SummerWorks – Another site to sign up for job opportunities, a CORI* is required to complete application.
- Youth Conservation Corps – Apply to work outdoors as part of team to help parks in Boston
- Tenacity – Join the organization that combines literacy skills and tennis instruction
- Boston Private Industry Council - Check out the different opportunities the BPIC offers for teens.
Resume Writing & Interviewing
- Resume writing books – Available through the Boston Public Library
- Interviewing skills books – Available through the Boston Public Library
- Resume guide – From the Boston Youth Fund
- Job Tips for Teens – From the Boston Youth Fund
- Job Interview Strategies – Strategies on how to succeed a job interview
- Snagajob.com – Search for available jobs in Massachusetts
- CoolWorks.com – Looking for a job that will take you on an adventure?
- Safety at Work – Once you are hired, here are a few tips on how to be safe at your work.
- JobDoggy.com – Read articles about summer jobs.
- GrooveJob.com – Search for part-time jobs and internships
- TeenagerCrossing.com – Another great site to look for a summer job.
- US Department of Labor – Know your rights as an youth worker.
- Boston Youth Zone E- Newsletter – Join this newsletter to have up-to-date information on job opportunities, interships and activities offered in Boston for teens.
- Jobnet Youth Services - Check out the services Jobnet offers free for Young Adults, some include MCAS and GED preparation, career planning and credit recovery.
*CORI stands for Criminal Offender Record Information. Many jobs can, and might, require applicants to have a police background check done before they can be hired.