Job Help for Teens
Job & Career Resources from the Boston Public Library
- Books on different jobs and job hunting available from the library
- College and career resources in the library’s databases
- Career Resources at the Kirstein Business Library, Central Library at Copley Square
Afterschool and Summer Employment in Boston
- Boston Youth Fund – Opportunities for summer and school-year jobs.
- Mayor’s Youth Line – A resource created by Boston teens for teens and their parents.
- ABC SummerWorks – Another site to sign up for job opportunities, a CORI* is required to complete application.
- Youth Conservation Corps – Apply to work outdoors as part of team with Boston Natural Areas Network to help parks in Boston.
- Boston Private Industry Council - Check out the different opportunities the BPIC offers for teens.
- Teen Employment with YMCA - The Y has employment opportunity for teens.
- Sociedad Latina – Sociedad Latina offers different job opportunity for teens as well as job development programs.
Volunteer Opportunities to Gain Job Experience
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center Youth Leadership Corps - BARCC’s Youth Leadership Corps, is a great way to learn job experience as well as helping to change your community.
- Teens in Print - TiP is looking for teens who want to express themselves through writing. Most of the jobs are volunteer opportunities, but some do lead to paid jobs.
Resume Writing & Interviewing
- Resume writing books – Available through the Boston Public Library
- Interviewing skills books – Available through the Boston Public Library
- Resume guide – From the Boston Youth Fund
- Job Tips for Teens – From the Boston Youth Fund
- Job Interview Strategies – Strategies on how to succeed a job interview
- Safety at Work – Once you are hired, here are a few tips on how to be safe at your work.
- US Department of Labor – Know your rights as a youth worker.
- Boston Youth Zone E- Newsletter – Join this newsletter to have up-to-date information on job opportunities, internships and activities offered in Boston for teens.
- Jobnet Youth Services - Check out the services Jobnet offers free for Young Adults, some include MCAS and GED preparation, career planning and credit recovery.
*CORI stands for Criminal Offender Record Information. Many jobs might require applicants to have a police background check done before they can be hired.