Johnson building, second floor
Teen Central features a Media Lounge with Playstation 4 and Wii U consoles along with two eighty-inch monitors for gaming and movie nights, the Lab, a digital makerspace for media creation, coding, and more, diner-style seating, space for quiet study, moveable book shelves, and plenty of books. Follow Teen Central on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on all upcoming events and programs.
Teen Central is intended for use by teens in grades 6-12 and its purpose is to centralize the information and recreation resources of youth in this age group while offering them a safe, supportive, and positive space that is uniquely their own. Teens must review and sign the Teen Central Code of Conduct prior to entering the space for the first time.
Hours of Operation
View Teen Central's hours of operation here.
Teen Central hosts video gaming, software programs, coding, maker programs, a Teen Leadership Council, monthly open mics, tech programs, and more. Check our calendar for what’s happening.
Class Visits and Camp Groups
The Lab offers teens five PC computers and five Macs with a variety of software programs to use for learning, creating, and developing their own media content. Lab software includes:
Music and Audio Production:
Graphic Design & Visual Art:
We often recommend free online CAD tools such as:
The Lab is open Fridays and Saturdays for Open Lab (unstructured time in Lab for open-ended exploration and use of software and materials). and There are also programs and classes in the different software programs on other days during the week.
Books, CDs, DVDs, and More
Teen Central has a large & diverse collection, including:
- General fiction
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- LGBTQ Fiction and nonfiction
- Magazines and newspapers including Hype Hair, Hip Hop, Teen Vogue, Otaku USA, Teens in Print, and others.
- PLEASE NOTE: The teen nonfiction collection is interfiled with adult nonfiction.
Any of these items may be located and/or placed on hold using our catalogopens a new window.
- There are four desktop computers with internet access and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- There are thirty laptops with internet access and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software. These are available to teens for use within Teen Central with no time limit.