- Community room
- Lounge area overlooking a serenity garden
- Teen space with cafe-style seating
- LEED® Silver Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
- The Brighton Social Library became a branch of the Boston Public Library when the town of Brighton was annexed to Boston in 1874.
- In 1874, the Brighton Branch’s collection moved from the town hall to a building named for notable Brighton resident James Holton. The current branch building opened on the same site in 1969.
- The branch reopened in December 2010 after 18 months of interior renovations to update equipment, provide ADA accessibility, and increase technological capacity.