About the North End Branch
- World language collections in Italian and Spanish
- The building’s architecture is modeled after a Roman villa. A courtyard located in the center of the building holds plants.
- A permanent display includes a scale model of the Palazzo Ducale in Venice constructed by Henrietta Macy and Louise Stimson as well as a white marble bas-relief of Dante Alighieri, donated in 1913.
- The branch first opened at 3A North Bennett Street in 1913.
- The branch’s current location opened in May 1965, designed by Carl Koch and Associates.
View the North End Branch Facebook page.
View the Friends of the North End Branch's website, and their Facebook page.
Events at North End
Weekly Chess Club for AdultsMar 27th | 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Weekly Chess Club for KidsMar 27th | 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Story TimeMar 28th | 10:30am - 11:00am
Crafternoon: Winter 2022Mar 30th | 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Weekly Chess Club for AdultsApr 3rd | 2:30pm - 3:30pm