About the Roslindale Branch
- A book delivery station opened on Florence Street in 1878 and relocated to a drugstore at the corner of Washington and Ashland Streets in 1898. In 1900, the branch opened in Old Taft's Tavern building.
- In 1918, the branch moved to a municipal building at the Corner of Washington Street and Cummins Highway. The Roslindale Branch moved to its current location in 1961 in a blue-domed building designed by Isidor Richmond and Carny Goldberg.