- World language collections in Chinese and Spanish.
- Gallery space for exhibitions.
- Library Park adjacent to branch building.
- The South End Branch opened in 1877 inside the Mercantile Library Association building. The branch relocated to the English High School in 1879.
- In 1904, the branch moved to the Every Day Church at 397 Shawmut Avenue and then again in 1923 to the John J. Williams Municipal Building at Shawmut Avenue and West Brookline Street.
- On June 7, 1971, the South End Branch opened in its present location, a new building on the site of the original Mercantile building.