- All builds must be scheduled in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No more than two builds per month per person will be accepted,
- All designs must be submitted in an .STL file format,
- Only builds of ten hours or less will be accepted. To preview how our printer will handle your build and how long it will take, you can download MakerBot Desktop here for free.
- If a build is too large or complex we suggest a commercial service.
- No hazardous or offensive items.
- The library reserves the right to decline any print job.
About our MakerBot 5 Replicator
- Maximum print volume: 252 x 199 x 150 mm (9.9 x 7.83 x5.9 In). Please stay well within those dimensions for a successful print
- Print Resolution (Layer Height): Low (0.3 mm), Standard (0.2mm), and High (0.1mm). Most objects will be printed at standard or low resolution
- Filament: PLA (Polylactic acid)–a biodegradable thermoplastic made from corn starch. We can only print one color at a time. Please tell us what your top two color choices are when you submit your build.
The Kirstein Business Library & Innovation Center 3D printer and related equipment may be used for lawful purposes in compliance with library policies. Patrons may not upload, transmit, display, or create content that violates any law, privacy or property right. Please be aware that prints themselves may occur within public view and that the library does not make any promise that any particular print will not be seen by members of the public. We do consider that the identity of the submitter of a job will fall under the same legal protection that extends to the privacy of the intellectual content of borrowers of library material. The Kirstein Business Library & Innovation Center reserves the right to refuse to scan or print any object.