Boston Public Library locations offer free after-school homework help and mentorship provided by high-achieving high school students. This is open to students in grades K-8. No registration is required.
Read about our collaboration and the first Homework Help-SmartTALK training of the year in the Harvard Gazette article, “Harvard Helping the Helpers.”opens a new window
Online Homework Help
While the Boston Public Library's doors are closed, the Homework Help program is moving online. Trained high school student mentors now lead online meetings on Zoom to provide homework help to students in grades K-8.
Online Homework Help is available Monday - Thursday 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. every week until June 18. There is no registration required but this drop in program has a limit of 15 participants at one time.
Homework Help can be accessed at: https://boston-public-library.zoom.us/my/bplhomeworkhelp.
Zoom Meetings can be accessed by computer, table, smartphone, or telephone
- To join by desktop or laptop: If you have the Zoom application on your computer, click the link and select "Open zoom.us". If you want to stay in your web browser, select "start from your browser".
- To join by tablet or smartphone: First download the "ZOOM Cloud Meetings" application to your device then click the link above.
- To call in by telephone: Dial (646) 558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID 415 730 0216.
For more information about Homework Help email Lina Raciukaitis at email@example.com.
Boston Teacher's Union Tutors
Homework help provided by BTU teachers is postponed until further notice while Boston Public Schools remain closed.
Other Online Homework Help Resources
Online help courtesy of the BPL
- LearningExpress Library can help students from grade school through college improve their skills by taking practice tests, completing exercises, and reading eBooks. What's more, LearningExpress can help college-bound students prepare for the ACT, SAT, and other standardized tests.
- Look for books, CDs, movies, and more in the BPL catalog.
- Search for articles and use books online with our student electronic resources.
Other online help
- Check out the MCAS helpopens a new window available from the MA Department of Education.
- Prepare for the SAT or ACT for free at Number2.comopens a new window or The College Boardopens a new window.
Other sources for homework help and after school programs in Boston
- BOSTONavigator - The place to search for out-of school time programming in Boston.
- Boston Youth Zone - Find activities, opportunities, and other fun stuff for kids and teens, plus important information and resources for parents.