The Boston Public Library has 15 bibs available for runners who want to join Team BPL in raising funds for after school education!
Advantages of running for Team BPL include:
- An official bib for the 2019 Boston Marathon
- A team singlet and running swag
- A private team bus to the starting line on Marathon Monday
- Fundraising support
- Access to team meetings
- A personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running, created by RRCA certified coaches
- The opportunity to participate in organized weekly group runs on the Boston Marathon® course -- complete with aid station support
- Tuesday night hill workouts and speed workouts
- Access to incentive prizes for fundraising
- Discounts on running gear
- Most importantly: the feeling of knowing that you are part of creating the next generation of educated, engaged citizens.
Partnership and support
The Boston Public Library has partnered with CharityTeams to support our Team BPL runners. For more than 10 years, CharityTeams has assisted charities with their athletic fundraising opportunities such as the Boston Marathon, New York City Marathon and Falmouth Road Race.
Through this partnership, when you run for Team BPL, you’ll also receive:
- Coaching and guidance from CharityTeams.com
- CharityTeams weekly communications and monthly meetings with guest speakers
- An opportunity to participate in the CharityTeams Superhero 17 and the CharityTeams Hop21 themed runs
- Support in promoting your run through social media
What you need to know to apply:
We are currently accepting applications for runners on a rolling basis. Both charity runners and runners who have qualified for the Marathon are invited to apply.
Applicants for bibs are asked to raise a minimum of $7,500 for the Boston Public Library’s after school programs.
If you’re a qualified runner, you are welcome to apply to join the team as well; your minimum for fundraising will be $2,000
To apply, please fill out this application, and we will be in touch shortly.