Run The 2021 Boston Marathon® on Team BPL Marathon® Team!
The Boston Public Library has bibs available for runners who want to join Team BPL in raising funds for after school education!
Race date: Columbus Day - Monday, October 11, 2021
You can be a part of our marathon team in three different ways:
Charity Entry: I want to be on Team BPL and I need a bib. Raise $8,500 for the Boston Public Library by October 1, 2021.
Registered Runners: I want to be on Team BPL and I have my own bib. Raise $3,000 for the Boston Public Library by October 1, 2021.
Virtual Runner: I want to be on Team BPL and I have my own bib. Raise $500 for the Boston Public Library by October 1, 2021.
Virtual event from Oct 8-10, 2021. All virtual runners must complete the virtual marathon within a 24-hour period. Learn more about the virtual marathon.
To sign up as a virtual runner:
- Register through the Athlete's Village on the Boston Athletic Association website
- Fill our our application for the team
We are currently accepting applications for runners on a rolling basis. Charity runners, virtual runners, and runners who have qualified for the Marathon are invited to apply.
Apply here and check the status that applies to you.
Boston Athletic Association (BAA) COVID Guidelines for the race continue to evolve. Please stay up to date.
Here is the latest as of March 29, 2021:
Participants in the in-person 2021 Boston Marathon will have the opportunity to purchase registration insurance; additional details will be shared prior to registration in April.
Registration insurance will not be offered for the VIRTUAL 125th Boston Marathon.
Participants in the in-person race may be expected to produce up to two negative COVID-19 tests prior to Monday, October 11, regardless of vaccination status.
Official entrants will receive more information in the coming months on testing timelines and requirements.
All participants are expected to follow federal and state travel guidelines, including any and all pre-travel testing requirements and quarantine requirements that are in place at the time of the 125th Boston Marathon.
The B.A.A. will continue to follow the science and all developments related to COVID-19 and will modify the event plan as necessary.
Advantages of running for Team BPL include:
- Unsurpassable management. This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the support and encouragement to successfully meet their goals of both running and fundraising.
- An online fundraising page.
- A full 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season.
- Organized point to point long runs on the course with aid station support.
- Private bus to the start.
- Kickoff meeting - pre-race gathering
- Team branded Marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, team organization and runner support.
- An positive life changing experience and memorable journey of running the 2020 Boston Marathon
Partnership and support
The Boston Public Library has partnered with CharityTeams to support our Team BPL runners. For more than 10 years, CharityTeams has assisted charities with their athletic fundraising opportunities such as the Boston Marathon, New York City Marathon and Falmouth Road Race.
Through this partnership, when you run for Team BPL, you’ll also receive:
- Coaching and guidance from CharityTeams.com
- CharityTeams weekly communications and monthly meetings with guest speakers
- An opportunity to participate in the CharityTeams Superhero 17 and the CharityTeams Hop21 themed runs
- Support in promoting your run through social media