Run The 2022 Boston Marathon® on Team BPL Marathon® Team!
The Boston Public Library has bibs available for runners who want to join Team BPL in raising funds for after school education!
Race date: Monday, April 18, 2022
You can be a part of our marathon team in two different ways:
Charity Entry: I want to be on Team BPL and I need a bib. Raise $5,000 for the Boston Public Library by April 14, 2022. There will be an essay contest for these bibs. Applicants will be selected based upon a 500 word essay that describes how the Boston Public Library has impacted their lives. Applicants must be 25 years or younger and must reside in the City of Boston. Please send essays to the following email address: email@example.com. Essays will be accepted until December 31, 2021.
Charity Entry: I want to be on Team BPL and I need a bib. Raise $7,500 for the Boston Public Library by April 14, 2022.
Registered Runners: I want to be on Team BPL and I have my own bib. Raise $3,000 for the Boston Public Library by April 14, 2022.
We are currently accepting applications for runners on a rolling basis. Charity runners and runners who have qualified for the Marathon are invited to apply.
Apply here and check the status that applies to you.
Boston Athletic Association (BAA) COVID Guidelines for the race continue to evolve. Please stay up to date.
Participants will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to participating in the April 18, 2022 race. To be considered fully vaccinated participants must have completed a vaccination series of a World Health Organization-certified vaccine prior to bib number pick up (Friday, April 15). Any registered athlete who cannot provide proof of vaccination will not be allowed to participate in the race. Entries will not be deferred, refunded, or transferred to a future race. Requests for a medical exemption will be reviewed individually.
Advantages of running for Team BPL include:
- Unsurpassable management. This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the support and encouragement to successfully meet their goals of both running and fundraising.
- An online fundraising page.
- A full 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season.
- Organized point to point long runs on the course with aid station support.
- Private bus to the start.
- Kickoff meeting - pre-race gathering
- Team branded Marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, team organization and runner support.
- A positive life-changing experience and memorable journey of running the 2022 Boston Marathon
Partnership and support
The Boston Public Library has partnered with CharityTeams to support our Team BPL runners. For more than 10 years, CharityTeams has assisted charities with their athletic fundraising opportunities such as the Boston Marathon, New York City Marathon and Falmouth Road Race.
Through this partnership, when you run for Team BPL, you’ll also receive:
- Coaching and guidance from CharityTeams.com
- CharityTeams weekly communications and monthly meetings with guest speakers
- An opportunity to participate in the CharityTeams Superhero 17 and the CharityTeams Hop21 themed runs
- Support in promoting your run through social media