Join Team BPL!
Run the Boston Marathon with a team committed to ensuring the Boston Public Library remains viable, engaging, accessible, and free to all.
Apply today to run the Boston Marathon with Team BPL!
Your fundraising total will support the Boston Public Library Fund and provide essential resources for the Library’s programs, services, and collections.
As a member of Team BPL, you will have your own built-in support squad: the Boston Public Library Fund’s Emerging Leaders. This dedicated group is ready to help you cross the finish line. During training, they will host team events at the Library and support you on your long-runs. And on race day, you’ll see this crew cheering for you along the route!
You’ll also benefit from:
- Training: You’ll experience access to weekly training runs, professional athletic trainers, physical therapists, coaches and guest speakers all with the experts from CharityTeams.
- Fundraising: You’ll receive email templates, a personalized fundraising page, and social media tools to easily connect with your networks.
- Team Swag: From bibs to baseball caps, we’ve got you covered!
The 127th Boston Marathon will take place on April 17, 2023.
Team BPL has 15 bibs. Twelve bibs will have a fundraising commitment of $8,500 and anyone can apply by filling out the online application form.
Three bibs will be set aside with a $5,000 fundraising commitment. Applicants for these three bibs must be 25 years or younger and preference will be given to applicants that reside in the City of Boston. To be selected, please fill out the online application form and write a 500 word essay that describes how the Boston Public Library has impacted your life. Please send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Form
- About the BPL
- About the Boston Public Library Fund
- About the Emerging Leaders of the Boston Public Library Fund