SkillMill from Interplay Learning
Boston Public Library is excited to partner with Interplay Learning to offer SkillMill for all-things maintenance training and skilled trades training course online. SkillMill offers the opportunity to:
- Explore careers in the skilled trades including HVAC, plumbing, solar, and electrical and appliance repair.
- Gain continuing education units and prepare for certification exams like EPA 608, OSHA 10, NATE and more.
- Learn how to complete home repair projects.
A library card and an email address are required to use this resource. Complete the registration form, opens a new window to request access to SkillMill. All interested candidates will be contacted by a staff member of the BPL for confirmation and introduction to the Interplay Platform.
How to Access SkillMill
Access from home
Registered users can access SkillMill through the login portal using their personal devices including:
- Windows/iOS computers
- iPad or tablet
- VR headset
Access at the Library
- Public computers at any BPL branch
- For the best experience, download the desktop app to your Windows computer or iPad.
- SkillMill in-browser (Chrome or Firefox are recommended) accessible on most internet-enabled devices.
- Video courses are playable on all devices.
- Training simulations are only available on tablets, computers and VR headsets.
- Need help getting started? Take a welcome assessment to get course recommendations: Skills Assessments.
- SkillMill Tutorial: Click through an interactive tour of the user dashboard, course catalog, a simulation example and more.
- For technical issues within the SkillMill platform, click Report a Problem at the bottom of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For library-related questions, please email email@example.com