Many people now have to work from home during this uncertain time. However, BPL can still provide resources remotely – especially for small business owners, potential entrepreneurs, and other business minded folks.
First, I want to mention, the City’s Office of Small Business Development is asking Boston’s small business owners to fill out this survey so that the city can plan a response to meet their needs. The results and notes from yesterday's conference call concerning the City’s response to businesses hurt by COVID -19 will be posted here.
For those looking for Small Business Mentoring, counseling sessions can still be booked here or by calling 617-565-5591.
The Kirstein Business Library & Innovation Center (KBLIC) is also helping folks with research requests, so just shoot us an email at email@example.com.
More Resources Available
Through the amazing efforts of BPL’s Web Services team and the Library Services Team lead, we are able to offer some databases to you from home that are normally limited to users on site.
I’d like to highlight two resources made remote through the generosity of our vendors:
- S&P Global NetAdvantage is a great resource for folks doing company and industry research. It provides access to data and independent analysis on thousands of securities and access to company financials, broker research, and market information
- EMIS is great if you are doing research in international markets. EMIS includes current news, company and industry information, and market and economic analyses for emerging markets in Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia
(When we reopen you can upgrade your card to a physical card at any of our locations to reserve museum passes and check out physical items.)
We have other online tools you can use remotely too!
Research Private Companies
- AtoZdatabases - You search by business name using the search box or create a custom search by clicking "Get Started" under "30 Million Businesses & Executives"
- Mergent Intellect -You can search for small companies by business name in the search box or create a custom search using the advanced search option. You can also find Industry Research under the First Research icon
- MorningStar Investment Research Center -There’s a help and education portal where you can brush up on the finer points of stocks, bonds, funds and portfolio management
- Value Line - Value Line provides data on thousands of securities from stocks, mutual funds, options, small and mid-cap companies and more.
For the Latest Business Periodicals
- RBdigital Audiobooks & Magazines – A gateway to eBooks and magazines, which include Newsweek, the Economist, Kiplinger’s, Entrepreneur, Fast Company and Inc.
- Press Reader – Access color full-page and article reproductions of thousands of U.S. and international newspapers and magazines
Check BPL’s website for updates as the situation is changing rapidly.