Are you looking to build a skill or just switch up your routine? Look no further. Boston Public Library has got your covered!
Learn a new language!
The Iceland trip I wanted to take has been postponed, but I can still prepare to go to Iceland later by learning some new phrases.
Mango Languages is a great resource for dipping your toe into a new language. There are 70+ languages to learn besides Icelandic, including Arabic, Shakespearean English, Ancient Greek and more!
Learn a new skill at your own pace!
LinkedIn Learning is a great resource for learning software and business skills. Many folks who use LinkedIn Learning use the platform to acquire technical skills, but I’ve taken a few courses on time management, giving and receiving feedback, and even on instructional design for adults!
Learn with me!
Canva can also be used to spice up your business’s social media too!
If you’re interested in learning about how to design something in 3D you can check out my workshop on Tuesday, May 26 at 2 p.m. on how to use TinkerCAD.
Learn with my colleagues!
Learn with General Assembly
For the month of May, General Assembly and the BPL are partnering to offer additional remote learning opportunities.
We have 7 workshops lined up!
- Thursday, May 7, 2020 6:30 - 8:30p, Email Marketing Essentials
- Monday, May 11, 7:30 - 9:30p, Design Thinking Crash Course
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:30 - 9:30p, Mastering the Art of Negotiation
- Monday, May 18, 2020 7:30 - 9:30p, Excel at Excel
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 7:30 - 9:30p, Build Your Website with Squarespace
- Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:30 - 8:30p, Storytelling for Personal Branding & Career Success
To be able to register for these classes, sign up for a slot on the BPL website to receive a code for 100% off the cost of this GA workshop. Seats for BPL patrons are limited to 10 per class and they will be notified to register 2 days before their scheduled class on the GA website using a special BPL code. Please register for programs that you can and will attend. Limited to 2 classes per patron.
To put it simply:
- Register for the code
- BPL will email you the code two days before.
- Register for the class on the General Assembly website
- Use the code at checkout
If you can’t sign up for the code or attend one our workshops, General Assembly is also offering classes for free on Fridays.
Thanks General Assembly!
I hope folks will be able to learn something new this month.
gangi þér vel!