Looking through recent book reviews, pre-publication resources, and author websites, I discovered some great titles scheduled for release this fall that should interest readers of historical fiction. The titles are varied, with some stand-alone titles by major authors, and new entries in a few different popular series. Spanning the ages, they include:
- Silence of the Girls: Man Booker Prize-winning author of the Regeneration Trilogry, Pat Barker, retells Homer's Iliad from the perspective of the women captured when Troy falls.
- The War of the Wolf: The 11th entry in Bernard Cornwell's epic Saxon Tales series set in 9th and 10th century Britain.
- A Forgotten Place: The 10th entry in the Bess Crawford World War I era mystery series by Charles Todd.
- Transcription: A World War II espionage thriller with postwar ramifications by British author Kate Atkinson (A God in Ruins, Life After Life).
- The Labyrinth of the Spirits: The fourth and final entry in Carlos Ruiz Zafón's bestselling Cemetery of Forgotten Books series set in Franco's Spain.
Click on the links below to learn more, and place a hold on your favorite titles: